Releases through December 1, 2017
We have transitioned the MiCOURT Suite Tools to a cloud-based environment. Our Azure government-cloud servers are safe (FIPS-140 and CJIS compliant), reliable and will allow us to provide access to our applications to any and all JIS courts without impacting performance or reliability. Current users should not be impacted by this move.
- Case Search is now available for all courts using a JIS case management system (CCS, DCS, PCS, TCS).
- Current users of MiCOURT Case Search were previously notified of the need to update the link on their website to the new link, starting with micourt.courts.michigan. The version hosted on MCAP will soon be terminated and older links will no longer work.
- Courts using the HATS service (certain courts hosted by JIS) for case inquiry or calendar look-up are being automatically set up with Case Search and the Public URL. The public HATS service will be retired in early 2018. Impacted courts will be contacted directly with more information soon.
Released September 27, 2017
- The mobile view of Case Search is now fully responsive, across all screens.
Released August 31, 2017
- For TCS Courts, name searches will no longer include bondsman in the search results.
- For PCS: Juvenile courts, charge details will now be included on the Case Details screen.
Released May 18, 2017
- Searching for names with multiple words (e.g., West Michigan Imaging) will now correctly display search results.
- Previously, searching for business names with more than one word would return zero results. The search application was considering the phrase as a first name and last name in error.
- Probate case types are now included in the Search Results for courts using the TCS Case Management System.
- The Case Details screen for Probate cases will be updated in future releases.
- Probate has been added as a Division filter.
- Mental Illness (MI), Judicial Admission (JA), Registration of Foreign Birth (BR), Wills for Safekeeping and all Adoption cases are excluded along with any case marked Non-Public.
Released April 28, 2017
- The Court Selection page will now include a column for Description and Court Address.
- On mobile devices, a long press on the Court Address may open the default map application depending on the phone and operating system.
- Corrected the balance due displayed for district court cases.
- Bond set and posted amounts were being used in the calculation in error.
Released April 6, 2017
- Details of Sentencing Events will now display for Criminal cases in TCS.
- Case Search functionality is now available for courts using DCS Case Management System.
- Courts interested in signing up for Case Search should contact the Service Desk.
Released February 15, 2017
- The Search box will now accept a Case ID without the leading zeroes. For example, 14-1453-FC will now work exactly the same as 14-0000001453-FC.
- On the Case Details screen, Disposition and Disposition Date will only appear for parties that can have a disposition, e.g., defendants.
- On the Case Details screen, the various sections including Hearings, Charges and Parties can now be opened and closed for easier navigation. The section headers will also display the number of records for each section.
- On the Search Results screen, the extra Filter button below the search box has been removed on the desktop (standard) view because the filter options are always displayed.
- Clicking in the Version Number in the footer will open a new tab with Case Search Release Notes.
Released February 1, 2017
- Added breadcrumb navigation to allow easy navigation between Search Results and the Case Details screen.
- Search results can now be filtered by Offense Date.
- On the Search Results screen, Alternate Names will be displayed with the associated party type instead of the alternate name type (e.g., Defendant instead of “AKA”).
- On the Case Details screen, any alternate names/aliases will be displayed below the party name.
- The Case Details screen will now display a hearing section that includes hearings previously held. Results associated to the hearings will also be displayed.
- On the Case Details screen, the party details section will now include the Answer date when available.
- The Michigan Courts header at the top of the page is now a link to a Court Selection page displaying all courts using MiCOURT Case Search.
- A Version Number will now display in the footer.